Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Solar car progress report number 4!

Today I was able to do my elevator pitch. I completed my detailed design. The way that it works is there's one gear connected to an axle. That gear is connected to another gear which is connected to the motor. As the gears turn, the wheels will turn as well. This is how I plan on enabling the car to move. The solar panels will be placed horizontally onto the center of the car. I plan on building a car with a length of 12 cm and a width of 11 cm. The chassis will be made out of plastic cardboard, being light weight and strong. The wheels are toy car rubber wheels, since it's strong enough to travel onto the rocky pavement of the courtyard. The bearings are straws, the axles are 3'16 wooden inch dowels, and the hubs are rubber stoppers. This sums up my detailed design.

No comments:

Post a Comment