Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Solar car progress report number 3!

I've chosen each functional part of my design. The chassis will be made out of plastic cardboard, since this is light weight, strong, sturdy, and inexpensive. While doing research I found that light weight would be better because the car would be more stable. There will be four wheels, which will be made out of rubber, seeing as it's from a toy car. I felt that rubber would be best because it'd be able to travel easily onto the bumpy pavement of the cemented court yard, where we will be "racing" our final designs. The four axles will be 3'16 inch wooden dowels since it's inexpensive. The 4 hubs will be rubber stoppers since they fit easily onto the axle and stop the wheels from popping off. The 4 bearings will be straw because it fits into the axle well and you can basically buy them anywhere. Since I've chosen my functional parts, I will now be able to create a detailed design.

No comments:

Post a Comment