Saturday, May 4, 2013

Solar car progress report number 2!

I've researched many ideas on what the solar car should be constructed out of. I'm currently brainstorming options that would make the car as efficient as possible. For example, I know the solar car must be made out of safe material, therefore while researching I can take into consideration the safest materials. Using the criteria and constraints I was able to create a morphological chart. For the next step, through research I'll be able to choose the best material / objects for each functional part of the design. After I do this I'll be able to move onto finally constructing a detailed drawing for my solar car, which ultimately will lead up to my elevator pitch. 

Morphological Chart
Wheels
Axles
Body
Bearing
Toy car wheels
3’16 wooden inch dowel
Plastic cardboard
Straw
Lego wheels
Pencil
Cardboard
Lego bearings
Can tops
Toy car axle
Styrofoam
Washers

Colored pencils
Lego base plates


Chopsticks
Balsa wood


No comments:

Post a Comment