Friday, October 19, 2012

Next Time I do an Elevator Pitch I will...

Basically an elevator pitch is a "concise presentation of an object or idea covering all of the aspects of the product." It has to be delivered in a limited time, typically a few seconds, thus the title "elevator pitch" seeing as an elevator ride is only a few seconds long. We were asked to create an elevator pitch for our coaster car design and explain it thoroughly in 30-45 seconds. Overall I think I did a moderate job of presenting my design, however their are many things I could improve on. For one, I didn't make enough eye contact with the audience and I had looked at my design far too much, relying on it more than I should have. I should've included an intro to catch the readers eyes. My presentation was 48 seconds, which was too long for the average elevator pitch, which should be no longer that 30-45 seconds. I suppose I should have been more prepared and ready to present. Next time to improve on my elevator pitch the day prior to the presentation I will run through my presentation and time myself. This will make sure I don't go over 45 seconds, while also making sure I explain my design thoroughly. Next time, while following the guidelines I'm sure my presentation will go a lot more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment